The Sports & Human Performance Nutrition DPG is a group of nutrition practitioners working with athletes and people at all levels of human performance to optimize holistic health for a lifetime. SHPN leverages the integration of nutrition, exercise science, and technology to set industry standards, provide continuing education, and prepare the next generation of cutting-edge professionals. SHPN will deliver content tailored for human performance in sports as well as military, tactical and performing arts, and those who are first responders.
- Identify the continuing education needs of dietetic professionals in the areas of sports, human performance, exercise science and applied technology; provide information to members on the availability of existing SHPN continuing education programs; and develop and promote national and regional programs to meet these needs.
- Stimulate a high level of professional performance by the development and dissemination of uniform minimum standards of practice and/or performance criteria.
- Provide communications among the membership, within the Academy membership at large, to alliance organizations, to other health professionals, to industry and to the general public.
- Promote services of SHPN and its members to its members, alliance organizations, health professionals, government agencies and to the general public.
- Promote research, writing, and teaching in the fields of sports, human performance, exercise science and applied technology