Educate, empower and advocate for the delivery of state-of-the-art care for athletes, athletic teams, human performance organizations, and people throughout their entire athletic lifecycle through the integration of nutrition, exercise science, research and technology. Click this link to learn more about the speakers!
Thursday March 9, 2023
Interactive Session with Experts on CGM monitoring
- Kimberly Singleton, RDN, LD, CDCES
- Tyson Flowers, Rice University Football Player
- Pamela Nisevich Bede, MS, RD: "Using CGMs For Performance Enhancement"
Friday, March 10, 2023
Educational Sessions on Technology included topics such as hydration, wearables, dietary supplements, monitoring, and more!
- Opening Keynote - Dr. Bob Murray: "Hydration Update 2023: What's new? What's good? What's non-sense?"
- Yasuki Sekiguchi, PhD, CSCS: "Hydration and Wearable Technology"
- Keynote - Mary Jane De Souza, PhD., FACSM - Dr. De Souza is a leading expert specializing in the etiology of and treatment of the Female Athlete Triad, skeletal health in exercising women and athletes, and reproductive endocrinology of menstrual disorders in exercising women
- Michelle Barrack, PhD, RD, CSSD, FACSM: "Application of Digital Technologies to Evaluate Energy Deficiency in the Field"
- Katie Brown, PhD & Sarah M. Brown, JD, PhD: "Navigating the Athlete Biometric Data Craze"
- Christina Weidman, MS, RDN, CSSD, LDN: “Can I take that?” The Tools You Need to Help Athletes Supplement Wisely
- Chris Oswald, DC, CNS: "Strategies to Maximize Performance Adaptations and Keep Your Athletes on the Field"
- Joseph N. Chorley, M.D. & Nick Purcell, PT, DPT, SCS, CSCS
Saturday, March 11, 2023
Application Sessions on Food Access & Insecurity included topics such as toolkits, mental health, compliance, food scholarship programs, and more!
- Keynote - Clancy Cash Harrison MS, RDN, FAND: "Food Dignity®: Normalize Nourishing Food For All"
- Panel: Food Access and Insecurity in Athletes
- Crystal Clark Douglas, Ph.D., R.D.N., L.D
- Briana Butler, MCN, RDN, LD
- Anthony Paradis, MS, MA, RD, CSSD, CSCS, USAPL
- Carolyn E. Moore, Ph.D., RDN & Deborah Unruh, MS Ed
- Taurian C. Houston
CPEU credits pending CDR approval
Sessions were recorded and will be made available soon - Stay tuned!