Job Title: Performance DietitianName of Employer Organization: Texas Rangers
Surprise, AZPosition Start Date:
Full timeSalary details:
Range dependent upon candidates qualificationsJob Summary:
The Texas Rangers Baseball Club is looking for an entry level performance dietitian to provide education and comprehensive nutrition services to the Arizona complex athletes. This individual will serve as the point of contact to execute the day-to-day nutrition needs for player health and performance. Reporting to the Minor League Performance Nutrition Coordinator, this team member will be responsible for all education initiatives in the facility, coordinating athlete care, measuring success, and communicating results and relevant information to appropriate parties. This is an entry level position ideal for someone early in their career or new to professional baseball who is open to mentorship. It is a high-performance job focused on athlete care and education with minimal foodservice involvement.
Main Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement the educational vision as established by the Minor League Performance Nutrition Coordinator.
- Build and maintain successful relationships with athletes, coaches and support staff.
- Conduct dietary and body composition assessments, maintain nutrition care plans, develop educational materials and meal planning as well as oversee menu development.
- Create Player Nutrition Profiles and educate athletes regarding their requirements throughout the season using evidence-based recommendations to determine requirements for players.
- Implement performance nutrition interventions and counsel athletes on daily nutrition for health and performance and during recovery from illness or injury.
- Investigate potential supplements and ensure nutrition supplement use falls within the guidelines of the CBA and has? timely documentation.
- Utilize Smartabase to document athlete notes and progress to ensure all staff has access to relevant and up to date information.
- Develop education materials, deliver nutrition-specific presentations/activities, and provide grocery store tours and cooking classes.
- Work closely with our food service provider to make nutrition education hands on, interactive and engaging.
- Manage supplement use and ordering for the facility. Work closely with the Minor League Performance Nutrition Coordinator to remain within budget.
- Act as a reliable nutrition resource for the players, coaches, athletic trainers, strength and conditioning coaches.
- Develop a needs assessment at the affiliate with an action plan to complete those tasks in a timely fashion as agreed upon with the Minor League Performance Nutrition Coordinator.
- Provide education to ensure proper food safety and sanitation procedures are met at home and away games.
- Regular communication with the Minor League Performance Nutrition Coordinator and the Major League Performance Dietitian.
- Implement nutrition protocols for injury, supplements, hydration and any others as necessary.
- Collaborate with other performance staff on player health and wellness, including individual player plans.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Senior Director of Performance or the Minor League Performance Nutrition Coordinator.
- Travel to Low A and High A as needed to provide nutrition services at the direction from senior staff.
- Cover minor league camp during spring training in Surprise, AZ
- Cover all camps/leagues in Arizona during the off-season
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in nutrition and 1 year experience as a sports RD (registered dietitian). Masters degree preferred but not required. Must be willing to travel and work a non-standard workweek. Must be able to lift 50 pounds or greater and must be ServSafe Certified.
• Registered Dietitian through the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)
• A minimum of 1 year of experience working within sports dietetics
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to communicate in Spanish preferred, but not required
• Experience in conducting research preferred, but not required
How to Apply:
Please send you cover letter, resume and references to Katie McInnis, the Major League Performance Dietitian, at email@example.com
. If you have questions prior to application, contact Katie McInnis at the same email address.